Go find a note pad and consider these questions…
Knowing what you want is the first step to getting it. Knowing what’s holding you back is the second step to making sure you get to keep it.
Write down your answers so you can see your progress later.
1. What do I want to achieve this year? Write down as many goals as you want in any area of your life, health, wealth, relationships, etc. If you are really stuck on even coming up with a goal, start by asking yourself if I could be, do or have anything in life, what would it be? Then select one goal that’s central to your overall plan. Determine the interim action steps it will take to get you there. (You can identify the last step and work back from there.)
2. Ask yourself, is this something I have tried to achieve before and not been successful? For instance, has it been a New Year resolution in the past? Or on your To Do list for several years without completion or success?
3. If yes, ask yourself, what has stopped me in the past? This might include time, money, not having the right opportunities, lack of motivation, procrastination, lack of self belief, not knowing how to achieve it, or maybe you don’t know what has stopped you.
4. With regards to achieving your goals and following through on your plans, what patterns have you noticed occurring? For example, do you often put lots of energy and enthusiasm in at the start, then within a couple of weeks find you’ve lost motivation? Do you put off getting started for so long you just give up? Do you start too many projects at once, and end up overwhelmed and under-motivated? Identifying your unique patterns is key to changing them.
5. What about limiting beliefs? What you tell yourself can also stop you from achieving your most prized goals and visions. For example, if you have decided that this is the year you find the right relationship, believing that you are not worthy of love will sabotage your plans. If you told yourself that this year is the year you finally find the right job or start the business you’re passionate about, but you have an underlying belief that, “I’m not smart enough,” or “It’s impossible to find work in this market,” how motivated will you be? How effective? Listen to what you tell yourself about what you believe limits you.
6. If there were 2 important changes that need to occur in order for you to be totally successful and reach your goals, what would they be? i.e.) Have more confidence in yourself? Be more creative? Break patterns of self-sabotage? Get over fear of speaking in public? Write down anything and everything that comes to mind. Most of them can be resolved
7. What help, support or resources do you need? This could be a mentor, additional skills, a ‘how to’ guide, a clear action plan, sounding board or someone to brainstorm with, etc. Identify what research you can do on your own and the resources you can obtain in the form of books, CDs, personal development. Take advantage of anything that teaches you the strategies and techniques that change limiting behaviours. This will set you on a clear course for success.
8. List 3 things you can do each day starting now to move forward with achieving your goals. Enlist the help of a friend, partner or coach. To establish your own accountability, tell them what you intend to do. This puts the power squarely in your hands to determine your results.
9. Take action daily and review your goals weekly. Many small steps towards your goal will move you towards the accomplishments you wish to attain.
10. Keep the top 3 goals written on a 3 x 5 card in your desk drawer or in your wallet and look at them once a day. Ask yourself, why do I want to achieve these goals? What will that give me or do for me? The “why” is your grander purpose and will motivate you to persist in taking action until it’s completed.
11. When you achieve a goal, celebrate! This is a great way to reward yourself for a job well done. It will anchor that wonderful sense of achievement within your psychology and physiology. This will only lead to building more and more success!
To get your eight FREE videos simply pop your primary email address in the box below. After confirming your email, your first video will arrive in your mail box.
One thing, you will need to add my email address to your address book. By doing, this you avoid any of the emails I send you ending up in your spam folder. One final thing; I hate spammers. So I will NEVER share your email with any third party.